The festival is co-funded by the European Union's Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (2014–2020)
Retrospective and introductions
September 5–7, 7.30 PM, at “Skalvija”
12 selected short films in 3 screenings
September 4–7, at “Skalvija”
2018 film submissions
01 02 2018 \
Vilnius Queer Festival “Kreivės” now welcomes film submissions for the festival which will take place in Vilnius on September 13–17, 2018.
Submission deadline: May 12, 2018
Notification deadline: July 14, 2018
Awards & Prizes
Entries selected for the competitive category will compete for the Jury Award for Best Short Film. The winner will receive a cash prize of €200.
All films screened at “Kreivės” will be eligible for the Audience Choice Award which does not include a cash prize.
Rules & Terms
* The festival is open to feature films, documentaries and short films focusing on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex themes. Films must be completed after 2015. To qualify for the competitive category, films must be completed in 2017–2018 and should be under 30 minutes in length.
* Works accepted to screen at the festival will be categorised in competitive and non-competitive categories at the sole discretion of “Kreivės”. The festival reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted.
* You warrant that you have the legal right to submit the work to “Kreivės”, that all statements made in this application are true and accurate, and that all necessary rights and clearances have been secured to screen the work at the festival.
* Submission to “Kreivės” constitutes an agreement with all festival terms and conditions, and permission to exhibit the work during the festival if selected.
* We charge a token submission fee of $1 to help us minimise the volume of entries that do not meet submission criteria. If you wish the submission fee waived, contact us by email.
* By entering “Kreivės”, you acknowledge that the festival is not obligated nor expected to pay rental fees or screening fees for the exhibition of entered works.
* We accept rough cuts and working versions, but they must be submitted by the entry deadline. Please indicate if the production is in progress, describe changes to be made for the final version and when you expect it to be completed.
* The preferred exhibition copy for feature-length titles is DCP. Shorts should be sent as downloadable digital files (h.264 (HD 1920×1080), .mp4 or .mov format preferred).
* Working languages of the festival are Lithuanian and English. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. An English time-coded transcript/dialogue list must be submitted.
* In addition to your entry, please enclose a brief description or synopsis of your film, publicity photos and any relevant information as well as a cast and crew list. The festival must be notified in writing about any press or photo restrictions. The festival will not use extracts, publicity stills or any other submitted materials, unless your film is included in the programme.
* Unless sent as a downloadable file, screening copies must be mailed to the festival at the submitter’s expense. The festival cannot accept nor assume responsibility for damage or loss of materials while in transit.
* You can withdraw your submission at any point, but no later than 14 May 2017.
Filmmakers are encouraged to submit their films through FilmFreeway (free of charge) before the deadline on May 12, 2018.